What Documents are Required for Passport Correction?

Passport reissue is a process for passport correction. If you want to change name, dob, address or photo in your passport then you need to apply for passport correction with required documents. First you have to apply for passport correction online and book appointment. Visit passport office and after verification, you will get your new passport at your address.

What Documents are Required for Passport Correction?

Following documents are required for passport correction:

1.Old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages.

2.Proof of address, Here is a list of acceptable documents for address proof: Applicants are required to submit the proof of address of the present address only.

1 Water Bill
2 Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
3 Electricity bill
4 Income Tax Assessment Order
5 Election Commission Photo ID card
6 Proof of Gas Connection
7 Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
8 Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details mentioning applicant's name as spouse of the passport holder), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse's passport)
9 Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
10 Aadhaar Card
11 Rent Agreement
12 Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)

3.Proof of Date of Birth (DOB), Here is a list of acceptable documents for dob proof:

1 Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority,whosoever has been empowered under the Registration of Birth and Deaths Act, 1969 to register the birth of a child born in India
2 Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognised educational board
3 Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy
4 Copy of an extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of retired Government Servants), duly attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the Administration of the concerned Ministry/Department of the applicant
5 Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar
6 Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India
7 PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department
8 Driving License issued by the Transport department of concerned state Government
9 A declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on their official letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant

4.Proof of Non ECR, (in case of ECR deletion) You can submit 10th marksheet or above such as graduation and post graduation for non ecr proof. Check full list of documents for non ecr on passport official website.

5.Proof of Name (in case of name change). You have to submit these documents for name change.

  • At least two public/school documents issued in the desired/ applied changed name to ascertain that the applicant has actually changed his/her name
  • Clippings of two local newspapers or the Gazette notification of the concerned State Government, as the case may be

So these documents are required for passport correction. If a women is changing surname and address after marriage, She has to submit Self attested photocopy of the spouse's Passport also with address proof.

FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions

Question: What documents are required to change name in passport?

Answer: To change name in passport, you have to submit old passport, address proof and name change proof such as two documents with your correct name and newspaper cutting.

Question: How much fees for passport correction?

Answer: You have to pay 1500 rupees for passport correction.

Question: How to change name and address in passport after marriage?

Answer: If a women want to change name and address in passport after marriage, she has to submit husband passport copy with her address proof.